So, on to my list in no particular order:
1. Go to grad school.
2. Be a better, more loving and more understanding spouse.
3. Be a better mother. I've discovered that motherhood is always a work in progress.
4. Be a better friend (write more of those letters, emails and journal entries, too).
5. Be a better sister. I am blessed with such a cool brother and such cool sisters. :)
5. Write a book.
6. Complete a screenplay. I don't even really care if it sells. I just want to have finished one.
7. Become involved in local politics and make a difference. (This is a corollary to one I had a couple of years ago about making a difference in church. That's how I ended up overseeing a Sunday School.)
8. Launch a business and get it to survive 5 years. It would be cool to create a few jobs myself.
9. Become really fluent in another language. Italian is such a beautiful language and I really want to know it better. Pick up a rudimentary knowledge of another language (probably Cantonese). I can't let those tones beat me.
10. Finish a triathlon.
11. Find a big world problem and fix it.
12. Act in a play. This one will probably happen in February.
13. Get back involved in the food pantry.
14. Finally, my travel wish list: go to Croatia and visit Jereeza (that Dalmatian coast looks so cool), visit figgy in Honduras and cifataru's step-dad-in-law in Belize, visit Italy again and go to Venice and Assisi, see the pyramids in Egypt, go to Antarctica, go to Australia, walk the Spanish pilgrimage route, see Mont St. Michelle in France, go to Jerusalem and Bethlehem, ride the Trans-Siberian Express. Obviously, all of this will take several years.
That's it for now. If you've read this far, go write your own list. Just make sure that each thing on it is something you really want to do and think big. What you'll find if you do this is that doors will open and opportunities will happen that you never expected.
Happy New Year!
(p.s. It seems to be working for sui-degeneris, too.